• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Huge Clearout of Lifetime DiyAudio Member

Update May 12th, New Items, Sold Items, Price Cuts etc. *

Thanks to all who are assisting. Check back often for updates. Getting to the last of it. Some really interesting / unobtanium / special stuff. Everything priced to sell fast.

Hello.

Longtime diyaudio member / enthusiast has fallen ill.

I'm assisting in clearing some needed room. Space is still enjoying the music, but the tinkering will have to come to an end. This is well over 20 years of collecting and tinkering. This is everything left from his immaculately organized home "workshop."

I've done my absolute best to accurately display and detail what's included. Everything has already been boxed. All prices are post paid in the United States when paid with PayPal friends and family. I have a lot of experience packing delicate items so don't worry on that front. No international shipping. If you are absolutely dead set on something, and live internationally please contact me.

Also, I cannot answer specific questions regarding "can you check that this specific item is in the lot?" and so on. Everything is already boxed and ready to go.

Nothing is sold with any indication it works perfectly or works- Some of these items are "almost fully assembled" or "have a minor problem" which is why they are going to be sold here and my hope is priced accordingly. However, if I say "I believe it works" or "briefly tested" or something like that, it means it turns on and makes sound. These were all in space's "screwing around with" pile, and thus, I cannot know for sure.

Once I sell around 50 % we'll do a little something for the diyaudio community, since space was such an active member for many years and looks upon it fondly. The Free Stuff (you pay shipping) section will open up to requests only after 50% is sold so please no inquiries before I indicate.

The TMOQ 834p boards and power supplies went to user tronan for distribution free of charge (he paid shipping). Inquire with him if you have interest.

Please be understanding of the sensitive circumstances surrounding this sale... no low balling, etc.

** New Items 5/12 ***

Prices are all POST PAID IN THE USA. No International Shipping. If you must have something and are international, have it shipped to a US address and then to you.

Scroll through Photos as some are mixed.

Phono Preamp - End of Life Trademark of Quality 834P
- This is one of two I completed for myself. I'll keep the other. I consider this, as did Romy the cat and many others an "end of life" phono preamp- no more searching required. This version is made with boards I had especially made, uses a 12AT7 in the cathode follower. Has all tubes (NOS RCA, Westinghouse, and Phillips 12at7 ), fully wired up - I don't have time to test this. Assume is fine, may need a cold solder joint attended to. Everything is ultra-premium. $950 Price Cut: $700 Photos

Preamplifier - AMB a10 - Fully populated, premium components. Includes a bunch of extras. Disassembled **** $950 Price Cut: $700 Photos

Variac - General Radio W10MT3A 10A and 2A capability. Built like a tank. Extremely heavy, shipping will be high $450 in the wild - $350 Price Cut: $300 Photos

Turntable - Luxman PD-441 Turntable - The ultimate turntable, according to some. armboard, no arm. altered drive mechanism - two hairline cracks at rear of dustcover - comes with Funk Acromat, Omega One anti-static mat and stroboscope disc - *Extremely Heavy - $100 Packing Surcharge $600 Shipped / Two Boxes - Photos

Cartridge - ATLH15-OCC + Empire SE/X 1000 MM Cart - Broken Stylus - Replacement Here - imho the best moving magnet cartridge ever made, eclipses the Shure V15 series. Will include an errant Sony headshell and Pickering V15 in unknown condition - $200 Price Cut: $100 Photos

Carver M500t Magnetic Field Amplifier with hard to find Rack Handles - Recently Tested, working. Refitted with banana plugs. For Sale in the wild $500 Photos

Copland CSA-14 Receiver / Amplifier - This was working beautifully, and then there was a minor problem (leaky cap, I believe?). No serious damage, comes with manual. Seen sold for $1500 and thereabouts. Tube driver stage, solid state output. Really love this thing, surprised it hasn't been snatched up yet. Build quality on Copland is exceptional. $550 Photo Photo

Sota John Curl MC Step up Head Amp -
Out of production- for sale in the wild - $500 Photo

*********** PCBs ***********

PCB - USSA-5 -
For some reason, 5 PCBs, with one set of parts, includes 2SK170BL matched and some other, now unobtanium, parts - diyaudio thread - diy audio thread 2 - $250 Price Cut: $175 Photos

PCB - Tube PSU Lot - Stark Boards, 6.3V and HV 50-400V boards suitable for tube preamp, SET, etc. - Originally intended for use with John Broskie Aikido Boards / info here - Includes docs - Populated - $150 - Price Cut: $100 Photo

PCB - Baby Huey - EL-34 Bandol's Boards - diyaudio thread One set of boards almost fully assembled. One spare. With documentation. Two Chokes $225 Price Cut: $150 Photo Photo

PCB - Baby Huey EL34 Boards 2 - A Brand new set of boards, rev. 2 - $50 Photo

Boozehound JFET MC Step Up
- with matched 2SK170 & PSU / power switch , Mil hand matched Polystyrene caps - $120 Price Cut: $75 Photo

His Master's Noise MC d3a Tube Preamp Boards -
Stuart Yanniger design, almost fully assembled with premium components - diyaudio thread here - $150 Price Cut: $100 Photo Photo

Audio Salon Preamp - $15 in USA Photo

Dynaco Driver Board - $15 in USA
Photo

******** Misc ******

LP Puck - $40 Photos

2SK170 JFETS - 3 lab matched pairs - $35

Tube Books - Hard to find stuff, Allen Wright book, etc, $100 Price Cut: $75 Photos

Grab Bag #3 - Heatsinks, Connectors, Jacks, Tube Sockets, Potentiometers, Switches & Misc All High Quality - $100 Price Cut: $75 Photos

Test Jigs - Includes Pete Millet Soundcard Interface (Link) Very high quality reverse RIAA, and other goodies. Unknown status of the tube soundcard interface... I believe it needed the screen replaced (screen replacement is included). $150 Price Cut: $100 - Photo

Linear DC Power Supply - $100 Price Cut: $80 Photo

Heathkit Condenser Checker - Partially Restored? Unknown - Looks Top Notch - For reforming caps, testing caps- $120 Price Cut: $80 Photo

Chicago Filament Transformer - $85 Price Cut: $75 Photo Photo

******** SOLD ITEMS *******

Huge Component Lot - Note: There's been no cherry picking here and this was his personal stash and it's the best of everything. Dale RN series resistors, non-inductive wire wound resistors, Kiwame, etc. Resistors range from 1/4 - 5W, most being somewhere between 1/4 - 1W. Tons of large quantities of RN60 resistors. Film caps are Oil caps, teflon caps, polystyrene, mil spec, etc. as well as your usual wima and so on. Electrolytics are mostly of the top-notch series, Panasonic FM, etc. and Ceramic mostly COG/NP0. Mica also the quality Cornell Dublier etc. Like I said it's the cream of the crop, and it's all meticulously organized and labeled. Truly an amazing opportunity for basically a readymade DIY audio workstation. I've attempted to box this accurately, to maintain the organization- multiple boxes with dividers nested into a larger box. Again, this is 20 years of cream of the crop audio-specific parts collecting. —— SOLD ——— Photos Here

Component Grab Bag - This is all assorted stuff that I missed on the first pass or was in some other nook or cranny - tons of oil and polystyrene caps, all kinds of stuff. Who knows?! Find out. A completely packed USPS Large Flat Rate Box. $SOLD Photo

Dynaco ST-70
- Unknown Condition - Partially upgraded with various additions, manual included. With tubes vintage and JJ ——- SOLD —— Photo Photo Photo Photo
Large Electrolytic HV Cap Lot --- SOLD --- Photo

Large Film Cap Lot - ---SOLD --- Photo

RN 55/60 E Series + Mica
- Organized and labeled precision values - —— SOLD ——- Photo

Trimmers, Diodes, and Misc. - —- SOLD——-

TMOQ Boards - These grew out of the Romy The Cat 834p thread (End of Life Phono Preamp), and then made it's way over to Lenco Heaven where many of us where pretty smitten with a certain tube phono preamp circuit. a whole ton of boards, some partially assembled, with two different power supplies. Probably 50 boards total or thereabouts - after I sell 50% of what's here, these will go for free (you pay shipping) to a trusted DiyAudio member to distribute amongst the community or sell for proceeds to diyAudio or whatever you so choose. Photos Unknown shipping cost? $40 should cover it in continental USA Photo Photo Photo Photo Going to Tronan for distribution

TMOQ 834p + Jessica PSU (See Lencoheaven 834p thread) - No Tubes - --SOLD-- Photo Photo

Lenco Speed Controllers
- 2x PCB - $SOLD Photo

Guitar Amp PCBs - Tweed Bluezmeister and Tweed Overdrive Special - Partially assembled with premium components, some Carling switches and Axial Electrolytics - SOLD Photo

Frog PCB Guitar Pedal / Preamp Lot - SOLD
Photo

Douk 834p Boards - $25 in USA - SOLD Photo

Jessica PSU + Potted and Shielded Transformer(See Lencoheaven 834p thread)- SOLD Photo Photo

Denon DL103R - Maybe an hour of use? -SOLD- Photos

Tubes -
Make (Reasonable, please) Offers -----SOLD ---- Photos

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry, back now.

Hospital visits. Yes, everything still available. I will go through emails one by one and whomever PMed me first will get priority. A friend was kind enough to box and organize the stuff- I need to use my audio room for medical equipment.

Apologies. Will be home for next week at very least and will be shipping everything out. Plan is to be at home from here on out.

Sorry, usually more prompt. You can count on me shipping promptly with absolute certainty.

Can only reply to 5 private messages per hour, unfortunate.

Aterplasma - huge lot still available. I dont think any two people have inquired about the same thing, so everyone should have their stuff. Hold for PayPal information.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Dynaco ST-70 - Reserved pending payment. - Rush
DC Power Supply and Douk Boards - Reserved Pending Payment. - dgcoffee
TMOQ and Jessica Preamp - Reserved Pending Payment = JCMcNeil
His Masters Noise - Reserved Pending Payment -
Huge component lot - Reserved pending payment. - aterplasma
RN55 / Mica + trimmers and diodes - Reserved pending payment - fmajewsk

If these sales go through, looks like I'll be close enough to 50% so I'll unload the TMOQ boards to tronan for distribution.

Again, PayPal friends and family, put the item you are purchasing as well as your full name and address in the Notes section.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 users