Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops, forgot one. More in a little bit.

Attachments

• open circuit vs 100k plus bybee.jpg
    open circuit vs 100k plus bybee.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 645
Now with the output turned on (sine wave). This is a single scan, no signal averaging. Little noise blips in one channel (green) were independent of whether the Bybee or the resistor was in that channel; that channel seems to pick up a little more noise from its surroundings albeit at minuscule levels.

Attachments

• bybeee vs resistor out-to-in 1k.jpg
    bybeee vs resistor out-to-in 1k.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 714
will they stop global warming?

Any chance of running these near 0 Kelvin (a helium dewer perhaps?) in the interest of complete determination? After all, never know when one might want to listen to music @ 145dB down, or perhaps filter out all that extraneous thermal noise to get to the definitive Mahler or Prokofiev, eh?... ;);)

John L.

Any chance of running these near 0 Kelvin (a helium dewer perhaps?) in the interest of complete determination? After all, never know when one might want to listen to music @ 145dB down, or perhaps filter out all that extraneous thermal noise to get to the definitive Mahler or Prokofiev, eh?... ;);)

John L.

You cannot get near zero kelvin with a dewer. The best you can do is atmospheric boiloff, or 4.22K.

If you want to get "near 0 kelvin", you'll need a vacuum pump. I must warn you, once you go below lambda (2.17K, it will get weird on ya..
edit(oh, almost forgot...145 db down, with a pair of 100 horsepower vacuum pumps operating in the living room??? whoa, good hearing...)

But a dewer??pffft...high temperature operation...

Cheers, John

ps..happy new year...

Last edited:
Any chance of running these near 0 Kelvin

Sure I'll ask my wife to hold them while I say something nice about her younger sister's girlish figure.

If you want to get "near 0 kelvin", you'll need a vacuum pump.

You haven't met my wife.

I'll let you guys know when they arrive and will keep track of my 'official' listening tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.