Weird behavior today (invalid SSL certificate issue)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Its a bit of a one situation I suspect and I could only guess at reasons. Maybe the notifications are cached somehow at the time and then if something disappears the notification is is still left. A bit like sending an email, once its sent its sent... no going back.

Dunno :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
No problems here yesterday or today.

This is a partial screenshot of one of the certificates, note that they expire so it seems likely there are some expired versions cached in some places still.

Maybe changing your network or browser configuration to use Google DNS or similar might help?

1684343155363.png

Account Closed
Joined 2018
In my mind, this is the price of too much technology. Might be a magic right amount of it that would serve us well, but greed will always 'invent more need'.
Indeed!
Us "older" guys remember when life was SO much more relaxed and uncomplicated.
It wasn't a big deal or a horrible strain to get UP off the damn sofa to change the channel on the TV set.
Now?.... it's a pain to press a little button on the remote!... they've made remotes using voice technology.
So you still have to use your lungs and mouth to change channels! - Oh!.... the drudgery and stress of it all!

They develop things to make you lazy, and dumber. - under the title of "convenience". - focusing on human emotion.

One day, you'll just sit there, like a "Senior Living Center" blob in a motorized wheelchair, staring out into space.

Reactions: 1 user
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I suspect that the problem lies elsewhere, and not with the current diyA certificates. It would be interesting to see what happens if you change to a different DNS service.

As for all of the whining about how things were better in the old days... LOL This hobby was a whole lot harder pre-internet. My memories go back to the very early 1960s. Friends were limited to people nearby, and the cancer I had a decade ago would have killed me. Yeah, it was sooooo much better way back when. :ROFLMAO:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Loads fine on my Samsung S9 in chrome both on ATT and my home WIFI. Fine in Opera, Edge, and Firefox on W11. What DNS service are you using - was the phone on your wifi or data?

I still suspect this is a DNS caching issue or something related to it.

1684375360404.png

Does clearing the browser cache help? (Probably not, but...)

Neurochrome.com
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Yeah, it was sooooo much better way back when.
"They don't make 'em like they used to!" Yeah... Sometimes there's a reason for that. I remember my dad had all sorts of fluids, sprays, and cleaning tools to keep the car running. I did too for my first car. I haven't used starter fluid in over two decades.

Tom

Reactions: 1 user
Neurochrome.com
Joined 2009
Paid Member
That's odd. I close my browser after each session. I'm not one to have 27 browser tabs open. I would have thought that the TTL would be set such that the page expires in the cache before the forum complains of a security issue.

That said, the forum works well after a refresh so it's decidedly a first world problem.

Tom

Account Closed
Joined 2018
I forgot to check. I'll try to remember next time it shows. The current cert shows issued May 15 and expires in August.

Tom
One thing people could try if on a windows PC, something most people don't think to explore....
Log in as Administrator on the PC and do a "SFC /scannow", let it run, have a beverage...and it checks for corrupted files and repairs them.
I've had to do it on occasion over the years.