coaxial centering gage.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 61
  • boring head.jpg
    boring head.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 60
  • glass bench2.jpg
    glass bench2.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 69
This desk has my circuit stuff, the desk to the left has a monitor for pi projects. Parts are strewn all over the house, which always calls for a "now where did I put that" problem. I really need to organize the parts as I sometimes have to rebuy something when I can't find it.

Attachments

• benchA.jpg
    benchA.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 79
;)
PartTidyUp.JPG

Plus a tight area with 2 10ft rack units to the left. This is my wife's potential utility room :) or somebodies if we sell the house. The room was considerably larger and had a big table in it but not now the kitchen has been extended. I have a couple of other work area. One was for woodwork but the room has turned into more of a store room. Still useable but harder to clean up.

I'm still putting the finishing touches on my new, expanded shop area. The first pic is my tiny little area that I've been out-growing for the past several years. I needed some new space!

Space right after moving some of equipment.
PXL_20231215_011123590.jpg

I had a space I was using for my drill press and 3D printer over the past 6yrs. (The white Formica half.)
PXL_20231215_011148597.MP.jpg

This last pic shows the new area I expanded to. First up on the bench is a 41yr old Heathkit Integrated Amp(AA-1515) I built in the early 80s. (under the green towel) The amp is rated @70W Minimum/PC RMS at less than .08% THD from 20 to 20kHz. It spent half of its life in storage. By all cosmetic measures it's in great, clean shape. It's developed some hum, that I tried to address about 15yrs ago, but never got around to properly fixing. So now, I'm going to have a look inside again and see what's up. I have all new transistors to replace just in case. I'll see what the caps look like as well. This new space gives me more room to spread out. :)
PXL_20231215_011212334.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Bespoke Constructor
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Quick question - regarding heating / natural ventilation and Humidifiers

Now I have good electric heating with passive natural ventilation 2 lower 4 inch round vent and 3 upper 4 inch vents . so all works fine and after lots of research I have read that ventilation is very important.

so when I approached a UK leading portable air dehumidifier company they put me as said if you use one with vents then you are trying to dehumidify the planet so decided not to get one .. thoughts

My shed / workshop is water tight I also understand air dew point at a certain temperature and the airs ability to hold moisture etc

so do other members have de humidifiers in use with natural passive ventilation ? this was the question
many thanks