Roku/DVD Audio Issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, not exactly video...but audio for a video setup.

I got a call from my father who has an audio issue, and basically he has two sources (DVD, Roku/Netflix box), and he's using the TV speakers. The audio gain coming from the DVD player is sufficient, but the gain coming from Roku is several dB lower (from what he's saying maybe 6 dB or so). I determined the most simple fix was to find some form of inline RCA volume booster for the ROKU. I searched, but I wasn't impressed with what I found, mostly all stuff for car audio. I also found the sampson S-Convert, which I figured out a way to rig it do do what I want-but it still seemed silly to buy something that was designed to do so much more than what I need.

Now, to the point! I need to find some schematics for a device that would work as a variable gain line level booster. I'm thinking radio shack project box, some panel mount rca jacks, a potentiometer.... and after that I'm completely lost. Active? Passive? Opamp?!? As long as I can get some variable gain with a decent amount of boost I'm good to go. Does anyone know of where I could start if I wanted to build this kind of thing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.