Porting a room possible?

I was thinking recently, and thought of a maybe thought experiment i'd like to learn more about if it makes any sense,

A ported subwoofer is (simplified-ly) a speaker driver in a container/box with a precisely sized port (helmholtz resonator) according to our design parameters (Fb), right?
But then we put this subwoofer in a room (another box), what if we crack open a window or a door a precise amount? Are we then tuning the whole room's Fb?
If the tradeoff for porting a speaker is you might get a lower -3db point, but at the expense of a far steeper rolloff, what if we consider the speaker system as a black box, and tune the room so that it's Fb gets us even lower -3dB (although at a yet steeper rolloff)?
What if this room was then in a building, which has long narrow corridors (say a hotel) which could perhaps be seen as transmission lines. And then we crack open a window in this lobby, we increase the tuning order yet again (because i guess all we are doing is creating a higher order speaker enclosure, in the most ridiculous way possible, and with way too much air volume for the speaker).
I guess you would not get far with this, because which each new order there is less output for the "port" to work with.
Sorry if i misused any terminology, i'm not really a sub guy but i try.. but you get the gist..
Of course for the thought experiment just assume there's no air leaks which are not of our doing, which would be inevitable in the real world.
But if you were some extreme audioguy, you could then put your sub a couple of rooms away, provided you do the maths for this tuning, ideal house dimensions, and also that we live in fairytale land :)