• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Product: Acoustic Insulation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We now have stock of the UltraTouch insulation which is also used in thicker (3.5" to 8") varieties for home insulation. This is a 4 sq ft (12 3/8" X 47") bundle of 1/2" denim acoustic insulation which is 85% recyled blue jean cotton fibre. A spray contact cement or equivalent works when applied to the inside of speaker cabinets. A cotton backing layer can easily be removed if desireable. If you are ordering other product a custom shipping quote may apply. Please email.

UltraTouch Insulation

Bob

Is this the same as: http://www.bondedlogic.com/ultratouch-cotton.htm for us in the States. Also how do you achieve a 1/2" sheet, is it just split from thicker sheets, as you mention 3.5" to 8" widths available, just like Bonded Logic's Ultra-Touch Insulation.

Hi,

Yes it is Bonded Logic; their Canadian reseller happens to be in my town and they had the rolls of 1/2" which is what I bought. I don't know if this is available in the US but there was more available here when I bought last.

Bob

Use in BIB boxes?

Hi - is the 1/2" cotton good for lining the inside of BIB (bigger is better) boxes? I've been using fibreglass and / or mineral wool, but I'd like to try letting the cabinet "breathe" more and just lining some of the faces inside the cabinet with a thinner insulation. The 1/2" cotton seems like a good way to go?

Also, if any of you have experience with this insulation and possibly use in BIB, please let me know if you have any advice on where in the cabinet to insulate. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.