My_Ref Fremen Edition - Build thread and tutorial

I would greatly appreciate some technical advice. There was a power surge here (created by my electric water heater!) which flashed my lights and silenced one channel of my preamplifier. It, or the preamp failing, also damaged one of my monoblocks. Now all I hear with no input is a very loud buzz through the speaker. The LED lights, relay clicks, and I measure only 7MV dc at the outputs, but there is no music, only a loud noise which almost sounds like there is no ground. I do not detect any physical damage. Can anyone suggest where to begin testing the circuit?

Peace,
Tom E

Tom,
It is intriguing, so to say.. The relay clicking, and Your measurement of the 7mV output offset would indicate that the composite feedback loop works (for sure in DC). It means all the active elements need to be OK..
On the other hand, there is no ground reference to the input signal (buzz)
All this would signal an R11 gone.. but in that case, typically, a strong DC offset is the result.. Maybe it's not totally gone, just got an elevated value (like from 1ohm to some dozen kohm..) .??
though.. this still would not exclude some of the input signal filtering through..🤔

Last edited: