Lamp retrofit questions???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yo Spuds I hope this doesn't sound stupid But has anybody tried retrofitting any LCD Projectors that came with a UHP or VIP Lamp with cheaper ones By Modifiying the housing?? How does one defeat the self check cycle that shuts down a Projector when it starts up ?? I have several LCD Projectors (Mostly older sanyo's and would LOVE to be able to Mod a Lamp and Housing even if the Modded Lamp is Not as Bright or lasts as Long as the factory oEM if the replacement are cheaper How about the 82 Volt 300 watt enx or flx or whatever the hell it is that goes into slide Projectors or How about a 300 or 500 watt Halogen Lamp that you can Buy at the Homedepot ?? has anybody had any luck disabling the self test and Putting a 12 volt zenon Headlight or something like that?? I have seen aquarim Lamps on the net for short Money and wonder if anybody has tried this buy cutting the glass from the Projector housing and slipping in a moded Lamp

Thanks
Bohanna

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.