I hear stuff when I turn my headphone on max

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's only when it's connected to my computer (via amp) it's very soft but when I turn the amp to the max I can actually (between the interference) music.. I don't know if it's AM/FM or even TV sound.. but I wonder how it is

(btw this only happens when it's switched to my PC)

magicmasta said:
It's only when it's connected to my computer (via amp) it's very soft but when I turn the amp to the max I can actually (between the interference) music.. I don't know if it's AM/FM or even TV sound.. but I wonder how it is

Does it sound like some AM radio station, like radio Luxemburg?

It's not likely that you recieve FM station. Hard to get FM demodulation by accident. AM demodulaion is very easy to get by accident, some diode (PN-junction) and some capacitance.

Medicine for this can be some ferrite bead or ferrite toroid.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Re: I hear stuff when I turn my headphone on max

peranders said:
It's not likely that you recieve FM station. Hard to get FM demodulation by accident. AM demodulaion is very easy to get by accident, some diode (PN-junction) and some capacitance.

My roommate used to get FM radio from his computer speakers, 99.7 fm, 99x. It tended to get quite loud at different times of the day. This was only when nothing was playing, but when he would leave, and leave the speakers and computer on, it was definately noticable in the room.

--
Brian

Re: Re: Re: I hear stuff when I turn my headphone on max

BrianGT said:

My roommate used to get FM radio from his computer speakers, 99.7 fm, 99x. It tended to get quite loud at different times of the day. This was only when nothing was playing, but when he would leave, and leave the speakers and computer on, it was definately noticable in the room.

--
Brian
I've got the same problem on mines

does he have the cambridge soundworks fps1000?

magicmasta said:

This music, is it telling you to do things?

Anthony
;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.