help w/ Mitsubishi LVP X70UX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello All. I am trying to repair this projector. I posted on a repair group but I got no replies at all. Then I found this forum so hope is restored. Here is a copy of the previous post.

I was given this projector because they said the bulb was too expensive to replace.
Its a Mitsubishi LVP X70UX.

When turned on the lamp does not come on at all. Not even a strike. The power LED comes on red 1 second after main switch is turned on. Then all fans start to turn.
At 3 seconds the lamp LED comes on yellow and the temp led starts flashing red.
At the same time the fans shut down and the power led flashes red to green every other second.
The temp led continues to flash once a sec for 4 secs then waits 1 sec and repeats.
Lamp timer was reset. no change.

I get 393 vdc to lamp powersupply
door switches check good.
Are the temp sensors some kind of thermistor or just a switch?
The fan sensor reads 9 k ohms (measured while disconnected) with 2.9 vdc across it when on.
Internal sensor 9 k ohms 4.6 volts across it.
Lamp sensor 86 k ohms 4.7
lamps sensor looks like it is epoxied into a ring lug.
Should these be open or closed like a switch ? or are they actual temp readings?

OR is it just really a bad lamp??
Thanks Roy
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lamp and ballast are ok. I was able to determine which wire was the signal to start the lamp ballast. I jumped across the transister side of the opto isolator after turning on the main switch and the lamp arced and came on.
Since fans still shut down I turned it off quickly.
When I jump the return signal to tell main board that the lamp is on it does not help. System still shuts down.
I am not getting the start signal to ballast from main board. Appears to be a board problem.
Unless someone can help me with the temp sensor voltages, this projector is junk.
Thanks Roy

Hope you get this

Hi I am trying to repair the same model projector. I was hoping you might be able to point me in the direction of some information as I have not been able to find any info on this unit.

Turn the projector on with a computer input connected and running. The projector projects a image for about 1 -2 minutes. During this time, stand by light is green and the lamp light blinks green for a while then goes steady. After operating for 1 – 2 minutes, the lamp shuts down. At this time the standby light turns red and the lamp light begins to blink again. The lamp light blinks for a while then dims out.

I have replaced the bulb, reset the bulb timer, turned off the Auto Power Off feature in the menu and ensured that fans are running and air passages and filters are clean. At no time does the temp light come one. I do not believe the projector is over heating as it kills the lamp before the air escaping the unit is warm.

Fixed this problem or at least something very similar to it. Got one of these models and it would run for a couple mins but then the temp light would come on. I traced the power connectors inside to find a 12v line and literally drilled in a 12v cooling fan ontop of the bulb to push out the incredible amount of heat. now the projector has been running great.

Its strange, since all the fans inside are running great and nothing appeared to be wrong with the stock cooling. But oh well it works :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.