Followup article on 4-way open-baffle with miniDSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm interested in graph like in this build PRELUDE
not only Frequency response, because it's nothing without other graphs.
Also, equalization is a bad way to build system(well for subwoofer maybe it's ok). Resonances an peaks it's a aftereffect and best way, to kill it it's eliminate the cause of it.

Oh. Well, it sounds like you've made your mind up. If you read the article though you'll see that a good amount of the eq is related to the drivers or their use in open baffle configuration. The rest, I guess you can argue about. Anyone can try it either way for themselves and make their own mind up - that's why it's DIY :)

Hi Bob - it's time consuming, and measurements need a purpose and need to be interpreted and explained. The article was a lot (huge amount) of work and I'd really prefer to just answer questions about it, and have a break from the measurements and so on until I get geared up for the next article. Sorry, I hope you understand.

With regards to the volume control, I do it before the DSP. Doing it after would require 8 channels of attenuation - surely feasible but not something I'd like to do at this point.

One more question:

You say that:
"There are various ways of working out what to set the time delays to, but here’s a fairly quick and simple technique:"

Well, this method works only with dual channel measurements, right? Because to determine delay you need reference channel. But where you get it?

Scheme must be like this:
Figure28.png

But not like this:

Figure27.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.