favorite beer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
An English lady visiting in the neighborhood told me that the
UK gov't have abolished all closing hour laws, so the pibs can stay open 24 hrs/day!
I find this a bit hard to believe, is she pulling my leg?

Attachments

• chiflagthumb.gif
    chiflagthumb.gif
    575 bytes · Views: 166
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Sort of...

Pubs can apply for a licence to stay open later than 23.00, but the pubs that achieve this are not the pubs you would want to frequent in the first place...

Incidentally, did you know that licensing hours are an Emergency measure passed during WW1 to ensure that munitions were made (they didn't want the workers getting stewed). Similarly, income tax was imposed to pay for the Napoleonic wars.

Moral: Once a government gets away with something, they never repeal it. Roll on the revolution!

A tad off topic, but...

Beer related.

An heir to the Stroh's brewery fell to his death from the 10th floor room in a Dallas area hotel he was staying in the other day. Seems that he made a rope out of bed sheets, tied it to the balcony, and tried to lower himself down. The knot holding the rope to the balcony gave way. End of story.

Those peole from Detroit......what are we supposed to do with them????

Jocko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: A tad off topic, but...

Jocko Homo said:
Beer related.

An heir to the Stroh's brewery fell to his death from the 10th floor room in a Dallas area hotel he was staying in the other day. Seems that he made a rope out of bed sheets, tied it to the balcony, and tried to lower himself down. The knot holding the rope to the balcony gave way. End of story.

Those peole from Detroit......what are we supposed to do with them????

Jocko
Aaaaah HaHaHaHaHa!!! ROTFLMFAO:D :D :D :D

That'll teach them to close the Detroit Brewery:RIP:

The thing about it was he lived to tell about it.

Yeah, He told the people on the 9th floor, and on the 8th floor, and on the7th... :Ohno:

Kulture, And International Incidents....

Finally, Mr. Stefani had these choice words about Martin Schulz, the German deputy who had criticized Mr. Berlusconi and was then excoriated by him. "This Schulz," Mr. Stefani wrote, "probably grew up taking part in noisy burping contests, after drinking gigantic amounts of beer and gorging himself on fried potatoes.

The truth is that Mr. Stefani was probably giving voice to some widespread feelings in Italy about Germans and German tourists, especially after the exchange of insults in the European Parliament last week. But even if some Germans do drink a lot of beer and do take up a lot of the space on Italian beaches in the summer, his comments were not of the sort that cabinet-level government ministers in civilized Europe are supposed to make.
"

Eric.

Attachments

• nazi,0.jpg
    nazi,0.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 139
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hi,

Far too hot for even the red wine but I persevere

With these temperatures red whine just goes straight to your head, John...:drunk:

Just finished my second Rodenbach, having a Brugse Trippel now...after that a Keizer Karel as a nightcap...provided the temperature goes well below 25 degrees C....if not, it's either a pure malt whiskey or I won't catch any sleep at all tonight.

Tomorrow it's going to be hotter still....heh, heh...

Cheers, ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.