EAC questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
When using Exact Audio Copy to rip and I am also using their burning software , I think the call it Burn Proof. If I am trying to rip and burn a live recording that has no gaps between tracks or something like Marvin Gaye's "Whats Going On" where one song blends into the next. I can't seem to get a rip and burn that does not have a gap between tracks that shouldn't have. How do I get EAC to stop doing this?

Thanks,

Keith Lockwood

To rip the CD, do an "Action, Copy Image & Create CUE Sheet, Uncompressed". This will give you a single WAV file image of the disc, along with the CUE sheet that specifies the individual tracks that make it up. Then do "Tools, Write CD-R". In the child window that opens up, do a "File, Load CUE Sheet" and navigate to the folder containing the CUE sheet and WAV that you just ripped. Then do a "CD-R, Write CD". That should do it.

I have had zero success trying to burn a CD from individual tracks with EAC. But for burning a single WAV with a CUE sheet it seems fine. To burn a CD from individual tracks, I use Nero.

Neither of those two recommendations are needed. You can rip your CD to individual files and they do not need to be raw.

Use the burning program in EAC it should be under tools. Load the cue sheet and it should be fine.

If you just try to load the files it will add 2 secs in between them but there is also a setting to get rid of them in the software.

If you haven't done it already you probably want to set up EAC for secure ripping either by following a guide or using Accurate Rip or both. This will setup your read offsett but you will also need to determine your burn offsett before burning.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.