Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marce, the large Bybee devices, even today, use a metal based power resistor. They did, back then, also. Only the smaller Bybee devices purport to have quantum resistors. Besides, that is NOT what a Bybee device is: It is the rare earth layer deposited on the ceramic tube. This is obvious, IF you look at one of the larger devices. That is when you need a mass spectrometer or its equivalent, to figure out generally what it is made of. The resistors ONLY help the rare earth layer 'do its thing'. Even common resistors will do the job, but less effectively. Older Bybee devices used standard power resistors. I helped Jack shop for them, 15 years ago. That is what is in the Bybee devices I have used for the last 12 years or so.

Then what is it? How can you know what it is, without taking it apart? I have seen one apart, and I don't know from visual inspection EXACTLY what it is. How can you, SY, know without even removing the cover? Even then, without breaking it apart to find the 'resistor'? Do you have a mass spectrometer? You had better, if you want to figure it out, and an electron or at least an ultraviolet microscope would be useful. My 1000X microscope gave me little evidence, those nanotubes are really tiny. Please put up your evidence, or forever hold your piece. I will be very grateful, if you find me wrong in my assessment about these devices.

What, pray tell, is an ultraviolet microscope?

Cheers, John

What, pray tell, is an ultraviolet microscope?

Cheers, John

Expensive toys for us chip folks :) UVM-1 ? Ultraviolet Microscope

JB and JC still claim a little crushed C nanotube material added to a mix extrapolates to any strange physics reported with the word nano in it. The industrial grade stuff is so cheap you could "slop" it on.

Last edited:
Expensive toys for us chip folks :) UVM-1 ? Ultraviolet Microscope

Ah, thank you. I was thinking he was talking about a UV beamline from one of the light source synchrotrons.

I looked the UV site over, but really didn't come away with a clear understanding of the advantage one would garner by using it.
JB and JC still claim a little crushed C nanotube material added to a mix extrapolates to any strange physics reported with the word nano in it. The industrial grade stuff is so cheap you could "slop" it on.
So what's new??

Cheers, John

I looked the UV site over, but really didn't come away with a clear understanding of the advantage one would garner by using it.

It's useful if you want to image something that is a UV absorber in a matrix that's less absorbent. For example, if you have an aromatic polymer dispersed in a polyolefin, they're both transparent at visible, but the aromatic will generally absorb strongly at UV, showing up in high contrast.

Exeric, keep the faith. You are on the right track.

That says it all. Everything we do requires a small component of faith - faith that the principles governing our physical universe won't suddenly change. Then there is the faith recommend here - blind faith. The latter requires no corroboration by our physical world. If it's not blind faith, then what's the evidence?

Sheldon

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
That says it all. Everything we do requires a small component of faith - faith that the principles governing our physical universe won't suddenly change. Then there is the faith recommend here - blind faith. The latter requires no corroboration by our physical world. If it's not blind faith, then what's the evidence?

Sheldon

You look at this from the wrong perspective. When he says: "Exeric, keep the faith. You are on the right track", it doesn't mean anything, except as spurring on someone who agrees with him, not that he is right. It's a way of keeping disciples whatever they say or do. Group dynamics, don't worry about it ;)

jan didden

JB and JC still claim a little crushed C nanotube material added to a mix extrapolates to any strange physics reported with the word nano in it.

Yes. They'd been doing the same thing with "quantum" from the start but "quantum" has become a bit too pedestrian, so they had to find a newer catchy buzzword to exploit to keep sales up.

se

Status
Not open for further replies.