Bulb Temps for MH vs Halogen?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've done my homework, read and re-read and finally purchased a 'broken' projector on eBay for $10.99. GREAT score considering I was armed with enough information from the threads here to disable/bypass the internal ballast and bulb sensing. I substituted a 100W halogen bi-pin and watched the first movie within hours of receiving the projector. THANK YOU ALL for the heaps of information that allowed me to be successful so quickly.

I think I am ok going up to 150W halogen. I have searched google endlessly and found little information on max bulb temps. I monitor the projector internally and externally- Nothing gets warm, the exhaust is considerably lower temp than other 'stock' projectors.

I reworked the stock bulb reflector to house the new bulb, everything including the 'arm' switch and fused switch for the new light fit in the case, very clean. I believe I'm in the 2900K range for color temp but can compensate rather convincingly with the projector's RGB settings.

I'm happy with the picture but I think I'd be happier with 150W maybe 200W(both are available). Does anyone know the surface bulb temp range for a 250W Metal Halide? as well a 150W or 200W Halogen JCD type?

The projector runs a 120W - 250W MH bulb in stock form.

Ahhh if only I had a magical SoLux 50W(4700k, 6900 Lumens, yeah right).

THANKS!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.