Bonsai’s X-Altra MC/MM Phono Preamp

Joined 2003
Paid Member
"On both those caps, the + must go to 0V"

Let me please get this one straight.. Do all of C9,10,24 and 25 + go to 0V ??

I'm seeing variations in different photos.. example my attachment is from the filter switch wiring attachment and it look wrong

Attachments

• Caps 2.PNG
    Caps 2.PNG
    57.5 KB · Views: 59
Hello and happy new year.
I have a question about components.

I have just order component that I found in the BOM (June 2023) but the Mom not matching with overlay on PCB!

Where is the right value ? On the PCB ?
i have just started with resistors and there are some missing value in the BOM compared to the PCB !
Perhaps I don0t have the good BOM ?

Good afternoon. Tell me, please, what is the reason for the installation of capacitors C90, C75, C3, C4 (2,2µF/63V FILM) on the underside (bottom) of the PCB? Is it possible to use ZTX753, ZTX653 transistors in place of Q1-Q4 transistors?

Attachments

• 20220921_170029.jpg
    20220921_170029.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hello
some pictures of my build, I just need to drilled the front panel and also make some tests

I'm missing the MC/MM push button cap. I stupidly ordered the model without a hood. This one is currently not available from early June at mouser

IMG_2572.jpg

I'm thinking of using it with my teac series 300 set.

I am going to make a dedicated front panel at Schaeffer with screen printing and I will put rectangular blue LEDs as in the photo below.
I'm also thinking of making the top out of aluminium.

IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2574.jpg

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Yes - you can plug 2 turntables into the X-Altra MC/MM. You can then select either one with the push button (BUT turn the volume on your preamp or integrated amp down before doing this as you may get some loud plops from the speakers). Unfortunately, I put the input select PB on the rear panel, mainly because I wanted to avoid drilling the front panel other than the 3.1mm LED holes.

Reactions: 1 user