Beseler 22" lens assembly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Beseler 22" lens assembly

I recently found a Beseler opaque projector hiding in a closet. :)
I took it out and found a brass lens tube peeking out from the mounting ring. :D As I lifted the PJ up I noticed that the lenses were loose inside the tube. :eek: They almost fell back into the PJ but I managed to level off before badness happened. :cool: I looked inside the PJ and "lo and behold" the retaining ring was sitting inside on the stage. I carefully removed the lens tube and then slid the lenses out. The two double convex lenses had a smokey haze on the surface and the double concave was clear but had a few chips near the edges ( outside the lightpath). It looks like someone had removed the lenses (probably some sadistic sicko frying ants :clown: ). After some experimentation and research on the web I found the best image was when the two dcv lenses were on the outsides with the greater curvatures facing out and the dcc in the midddle. I cannot tell if there is any difference in the two dcv lenses or the curvatures of the two concave surfaces on the dcc. Can any one tell me the correct order and orientation of the lenses and the spacers? Also the foggy haze on the lenses does not come off with acetone denatured alcohol, or windex. Any suggestions? Thanks for reading a newbie post and thanks in advance for any help!:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.