Aleph Jzm Kit Build Support

Joined 2019
Paid Member
This thread is solely to assist builders with their Aleph Jzm kits. It is not for general discussion. Here is a wonderful place to kibbitz. It is not a thread to ask questions re: customization or parts substitutions. This may be a nice place to do that. ALL off-topic posts will be reported / removed for the benefit of those wanting a quick source for relevant information. This thread will also be used as a source of information to update the build guide. At this time, comments are not active in the build guide.

For builders specifically needing help with their power supply, please search for a thread supporting your specific power supply for assistance, or create a separate thread as needed. Please do not post PSU related questions in this thread.

For those using ThatcherDIYAudio PSU boards like those used in the guide, their build guide is excellent. Attached below. If there are updates, I'll be sure to re-post.
For those building a PSU with the Universal PSU boards from the diyAudio store, the PSU section in this blog is an excellent resource in addition to many threads in this forum.

For those needing assistance with their amplifier boards or overall assembly and wiring, please post the following:

1) The current step # from the AJzm build guide.
2) Well-lit, in-focus photos of the build in its current state.
3) A description of the issue or question.

Kits are available for immediate shipping and pre-order through the diyAudio store. Enjoy!

Attachments

• ThatcherDIYAudio PSU Build Guide.pdf
    773.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 8 users
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
For builders specifically needing help with their power supply, please search for a thread supporting your specific power supply for assistance, or create a separate thread as needed.

Edited to add - In addition to the exact name of the PSU included in the introduction to the build guide, I have added a direct link to the boards used in step 53 and to the introduction... and in the parts section. Fantastic boards, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I decided to buy a thumb drive instead of a new printer. Going to load it up with files I should and should have printed for my Pass builds and take it to the FedEx store. After retirement my computer chops have atrophied a bit. I bought a new lap top as well. Trying to do this DIY audio stuff on Android devices is not ideal.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Folks, no offense, but posts are going to be removed. If it's not a question about support for the build / questions not answered in the build guide; it doesn't go in this thread. I'll do it in one sweep back to post #1 (including this post after I give it time to be seen). PSU questions are not in scope for this thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2019
Paid Member
^ NAH! Not AT ALL! My apologies. I love the comments and discussion, and when people like you post super-helpful information (like the build guide for the PSU, now added to post #1)... it's AWESOME. I just think the chit chat is better somewhere else. Also, PSUs aren't directly in the build guides (yet) ... and there is plenty of information elsewhere to help build any of the varieties suitable for the AJzm.

I didn't make the main goal of the thread very clear. I'll leave the previous posts up for others to read... it's not too long and maybe it will provide better context.

With me still being relatively new to DIY, I still recall wading through literally 1000's of posts to try and learn to build my first amp. It took me weeks to read one build thread and extract the useful information.. My goal for this thread is to help folks not have to read a ton of conversational chit chat and things that aren't directly relevant to building their (maybe) first amp. I definitely don't want to discourage conversation about the amp or have folks talk about their PSUs or other things. I'd just prefer that happen in other (more appropriate) threads. That way a year or more down the road, this thread is clean and easy to read for those not wanting to wade through 1000s of posts not directly related to their build.

Thanks again for posting the build guide for the PSU. Most importantly, have fun building yours!

:cheers:

Reactions: 1 users