1.28 Billion US Dollars - to play or not to play. That is the question

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Um, sure if you plan on living the next 20 years.

Some of us won't even buy a whole bunch of bananas. I for one could croak tomorrow or 20 years from tomorrow. Every minute my mind still halfway works is an immense gift.

I'm taking the whole wad. Damn the torpedoes. I'm giving most of it away too.

But before I give it away.... add on a large office / listening room over the garage, Aleph 2 Turbo v2 ( two chassis per channel, separate power supply, good for 400 wpc), F5 Turbo V4 ( two chassis per channel, separate power supply, good for 200 wpc ), fully tricked out LP12, custom B1K with three inputs, tape monitor and motor driven remote volume.... speakers? I dunno know, several I guess.

I'd be kinda afraid to win that much money unless it was a completely anonymous transaction. If not, I'd feel like a freshly laid turd covered in flies, hundreds of them fighting for a landing spot.
Imagine all the lost friends and relatives you will regain.

All those hot (and not so much) school girls you idolized and who always ignored you. who now timidly confess they were in deep love of you but you were too shy to ask.

That alone is worth it, even if the Feds and State take 99.999% out of it.

Reactions: 1 user
Account Closed
Joined 2018
Personally. I don't gamble.
The massive lure of riches and money has been implanted into society's brains, but not mine.
I'm comfortable, money enough to live on and a bit more.
I prefer my Independence, Freedom, and not buying into society's hype of things.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh I don´t "gamble", neither at for-money games nor at Stock Market, Bitcoin, whatever; know enough Math for that, remember the Roulette wheel was invented by GENIUS French physicist, inventor, and mathematician Blaise Pascal and he KNEW his sh1t, big time.

That said, and just for FUN, I would spend all of $2 on it, in exchange for some thrills.
Excellent bang for the buck ratio.
Ok, TWO bucks ;)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Personally. I don't gamble.
The massive lure of riches and money has been implanted into society's brains, but not mine.
I'm comfortable, money enough to live on and a bit more.
I prefer my Independence, Freedom, and not buying into society's hype of things.

I don't gamble either, but you can smoke a cigar and have a nice drink indoor in Vegas!

At the Wynn, they have an outdoor area by the water fall, with gas heaters... it is awesome, You sit, order a drink (you gotta pay for them), light up a cigar and watch the water fall.

I'm really happy that people want to gamble and subsidize my luxury. ;-)

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member

if anyone wins with these numbers, I think it fair to give me 25% of the gross total (before lump sum discount, taxes, etc.)

🤑

Machine voice translation from a radio comm from a Gulf 6 somewhere over Micronesia.

"hey... hi... this is Tony.. thanks for the numbers. Gotta go.. the stewardess is about to pop another vintage Moet. Oh, the beluga is delicious, although the sevruga is about as good too...... thanks again..."

End of voice translation.

Someone said, Powerball is not gambling. Let's see what Powerball has to say.

Powerball Play Responsibly.png

Joined 2017
Paid Member
You have a chance (say, 1:10^14) per ticket you buy, regardless of how many other are in the game.
That’s minuscule and still infinitely greater than 0.
It is maybe the same as throwing 2$ into the fountain in Rome: you may or may not be rewarded with a VIP-ticket in heaven, except that the lottery is on earth…